Aviation & Asset Finance
The firm handles domestic and cross-border legal and commercial matters including leasing, financing, securitization, repossession, transactional, regulatory and contentious matters including bankruptcy.
Firm’s practice includes advising and assisting clients on acquisition and leasing of aircraft and other equipment, tax structuring, securing permission/ approvals from various regulatory authorities and on matters relating to Cape Town Convention. The firm provides legal solutions across national borders ideal for changing market conditions and delivers expert knowledge backed by years of experience in the industry.
These, inter alia, include:
- Aircraft finance and leasing: Advise on lease of aircraft to Indian entities, securitization, registration, de-registration, provisions of mortgage security, finance and taxation issues, repossession and recovery of the aircraft and other related equipment’s.
- The firm has advised on perhaps more than 80% of the transactions related to India and continues to advise on aircraft acquisition, leasing and financing deals a year to year basis.
- The firm is frequently called upon to advise on regulatory and litigation issues several times and has a rich experience of enforcements through courts or otherwise with successful outcomes.
- Foreign trade and Commerce and cross-border transactions in asset finance, discounting, factoring, external commercial borrowings, letters of credit, issues arising out of international financing transactions.
- Drafting, review and settlement of loan, guarantee, inter-creditor agreement, assignments, mortgage, et al.
- Registration, compliances with the Reserve Bank of India Guidelines and Securities and Exchange Board of India regulations.